Recent improvements to the in-car navigation experience of Scout GPS Link are intended to help customers who own a Toyota Entune 3.0 system to utilize the MapStream mode (moving maps w/ rich-content navigation & voice guidance). Consequently, this changed the procedures to start Scout GPS Link in TurnStream mode (turn-arrows on screen w/ voice guidance) and how this reduced-content mode appears on the Entune 3.0 dashboard screen.
NOTE: These changes do not affect Toyota customers who have Toyota Entune Audio Plus head units.
- Toyota Entune 3.0 Audio
- Toyota Entune 3.0 Audio Plus
Call Toyota customer service if you are not sure which system is installed in your vehicle.
NOTE: The procedure to start Scout GPS Link MapStream navigation has not changed. Refer to our FAQ http://telenav.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000685006 for that procedure.
If you prefer TurnStream mode or simply do not want to use a USB cable, please try one of the following options to navigate.
Start TurnStream mode navigation from the Scout GPS Link mobile app on your smartphone -
- On your smartphone, launch Toyota Entune 3.0 App Suite. IMPORTANT: This app from Toyota manages data transfer and other interactions between your Toyota infotainment system and any apps designed to work with it; it is required for app features that are enabled by a USB cable connection. Please call Toyota Entune tech support to learn more about Toyota Entune 3.0 App Suite and your Toyota Entune 3.0 infotainment system.
- Launch the Scout GPS Link mobile app on your smartphone.
- Choose a destination and route, then start navigation BEFORE entering your vehicle.
- Once your phone is connected to your car, Scout GPS link will display turn-arrows on the dashboard screen and provide voice guidance.
Use the Push-To-Talk function of your vehicle to search for destinations and start TurnStream mode navigation -
- Toyota Entune 3.0 App Suite app must be the first app running.
- Launch Scout GPS Link on your dashboard screen.
- Press the Push-To-Talk button on your steering wheel.
- Speak a command: “Find” “POI” Starbucks, Gas, Mc Donald’s (a Details screen will appear with command options to begin navigation).
- Speak a command: “Drive To” Work, Home, POI, Address.
- Scout GPS link will display turn-arrows on the dashboard screen and provide voice guidance.
Get TurnStream mode guidance to a destination from the Yelp app -
- Toyota Entune 3.0 App Suite app must be running before any other app.
- Use Yelp to find a business or POI.
- Start navigation from Yelp, which will automatically launch Scout GPS Link.
If you have further questions, please use your Telenav Support Help Center account to submit a help request or send an email to email@example.com.
TIP: When submitting a help request or sending email, please provide a summarized description of the issue, your full name, vehicle details (year, make, and model), the area you live in (USA, Canada, or Puerto Rico), the name of your wireless carrier, telephone number of your smartphone, smartphone make and model, and the version of Android or iOS that powers your smartphone. If you know which model of Toyota infotainment system you have, please include that as well. For example: Toyota Entune 3.0 Audio or Toyota Entune 3.0 Audio Plus.