The start-up procedure for Scout GPS Link recently changed.
Please follow the steps provided.
We ask that you be parked in a safe location before starting or attempting to perform troubleshooting of any kind. Thank you.
Pre-condition for 2018 Toyota Camry & 2018 Toyota Sienna
- Launch Toyota Entune 3.0 App Suite on your smartphone.
- Launch the Scout GPS Link mobile app on your smartphone.
- Turn your vehicle on and connect your phone to the Toyota Entune Audio Plus head unit.
- Launch the Scout GPS Link vehicle app. Press the APPS button on the head unit, then find and select the "Scout" icon.
NOTE FOR OWNERS OF 2018 TOYOTA CAMRY & 2018 TOYOTA SIENNA
- It is very important that you launch the Toyota Entune 3.0 App Suite app on your phone first before attempting to launch the Scout GPS Link mobile app. The Toyota Entune 3.0 App Suite app controls and facilitates communication of data between your phone and your vehicle's Toyota Entune Audio Plus multimedia system (also called the "head unit").
- To get help for the Toyota Entune 3.0 App Suite app, please contact Toyota Entune support.
NOTE FOR iPHONES AND OTHER iOS DEVICES
- If you have an iPhone (or iOS device w/ cell service) but haven't updated to iOS 11.3, please do so as soon as convenient. From iOS 11.2 to iOS 11.2.6, there are known issues that affect the ability of an iPhone or iOS device to connect through Bluetooth and USB.
Before You Begin
- Quickly check that your phone has at least 50% charge remaining on its battery, that its cellular network reception is good (50% or better), and that Location is enabled and ready to provide GPS data.
- Look at the in-dash screen of your multimedia system. If the Bluetooth and Phone Reception icons are missing or covered with a slash before you start Scout GPS Link, please consider contacting Toyota Entune support.
Step 1 - Launch the Scout GPS Link mobile app on your phone.
- Set your phone aside for a moment after this step.
- Do not launch the Scout GPS Link vehicle app on your head unit before this step.
Step 2 - Turn your vehicle on and connect your phone to the Toyota Entune Audio Plus head unit.
- Always check the head unit screen. If Bluetooth and Phone Reception are light grey OR if you see No Connection or No Phone Reception , try to power-cycle the multimedia system by turning your vehicle completely off for at least 30 seconds. If the status icons continue to indicate Bluetooth connection and cell phone reception issues, please contact Toyota Entune support.
- Some users report that they can start Scout GPS Link while their vehicle is already running, but we prefer to launch the Scout GPS Link mobile app first.
Step 3 - Launch the Scout GPS Link vehicle app. Press the APPS button on the head unit, then find and select the "Scout" icon.
- The Scout GPS Link vehicle app should now try to connect to the Scout GPS Link mobile app on your phone.
- Always launch the Scout GPS Link vehicle app after the Scout GPS Link mobile app on your phone.
If all went well, then your phone will display the lock screen of Scout GPS Link and you should be able to use Scout GPS Link from your in-dash controls and screen.
If the Scout GPS Link vehicle app displays a connection error after you have followed the start-up procedure, please let us know by submitting a help request ticket or replying to your open ticket for connection and start-up issues. Please explain what happened when you performed each step.
If you experience issues with your Toyota Entune Audio Plus multimedia system OR the Toyota Entune app, please call the Toyota Customer Experience Center and ask for Toyota Entune technical support.
Toyota Customer Experience Center
Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Central
Saturday, 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central
Toyota USA contact information can also be found on https://www.toyota.com/support/contact-us
Toyota Customer Experience Center
Monday to Friday 8 am to 6 pm ET
Toyota Canada contact information can also be found on https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/about/contact-us