For Android and iOS -
After updating Scout GPS Navigation from an older version, some users may find that turn audio announcements (voice directions) during navigation have been muted by default. To fix this issue, please try the following steps:
- Launch Scout and start a trip.
- In the navigation screen, look in the upper right. You should see a speaker icon. This is the Mute button. Is it grey or blue? If it is grey, tap it. The speaker icon should turn blue.
- Tap the turn arrow in the upper left of the navigation screen. You should hear the audio announcement for that turn.
- Tap the X in the lower left corner to end the trip.
- Exit out of Scout.
- Reboot your phone. This should clear any cached information and temporary settings.
- Launch Scout again and start another trip.
- Check the Mute button - it should still be blue.
- Tap the turn arrow in the upper left corner to verify that turn audio still plays.
If this procedure does not work, please submit a help request and explain the issue in detail. Let us know what happened when you tried this procedure.